Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Lunch at Work

You all know how much I like to bake. This past weekend during the snow storm, I had a blast: homemade oreo cookies, oreo balls, chocolate chip cookies, snicker doodles, sugar cookies and bread. Today was the day that Adam and I shared the goods. I gave Adam a platter of cookies to take to work, and a BIG box of oreo balls.

Today was our holiday party at work, so I took a cookie platter, a box of oreo balls and a candied cranberry chocolate tart to work. Some background, this is my first year at my job, so I really wanted to wow my co-workers. I bake cookies and brownies all the time. This dessert is a real show stopper. The lunch was ordered from Dom's and then dessert was pot luck. People really liked the presentation of the tart. A few people had no idea that there was chocolate under the shiny candied cranberries. Many people asked for the recipe, which I was happy to give.

I am proud to say that the tart had no leftovers, and the chocolate chip cookies are gone. I haven't looked to see if the rest of the cookies are gone.

Will do extra time on the Wii tonight!

No comments: