Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Soba Noodles

Last night I made a fabulous dinner that was very easy. I cut up alot of brocoli florets, because my family loves brocoli.

I also started to boil a large pot of water. Once it got boiling, I put the contents of a box of soba noodles into the boiling water. Naomi declared that the uncooked soba noodles looked like popsicle sticks. I assured her that they would taste better than sticks. Soba noodles take 4-5 minutes to cook. I then drained them, and let some cold water run through them (as instructed on the box).

I also heated up some canola oil in a large wok, and let that get good and hot. I then dumped the brocoli into the oil, and stirred them for about five minutes. I then added some salt, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 cup of vegetable stock. I let that heat up for five minutes, and stirred often. I then put in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and stirred again.

Then I put the soba noodles in a large pasta bowl, and put the brocoli on top. Although I poured about half of the sauce onto the noodles, and I then left some of the sauce in the wok, and put a bit of corn starch into the sauce, to thicken. Just heat for a few minutes and then pour on top of the brocoli.

The kids and the adults loved the dinner! A new easy dish for the Weitzman family.

No comments: