Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Sharing a post from another blogger

Working Mothers

http://www.classycareergirl.com/2017/10/working-moms-positive-character-traits-children/

Please read and let me know what you think.

Both of my kids have seen my husband and I work hard over the years, and I hope they see that we coordinate and cooperate in raising them and keeping the house together.  We both do laundry (actually all four of us do, some more than others), and even though I cook, my husband cleans.  We all shovel the snow during the winter.  No one person is responsible for the upkeep.

And we are raising our children together.  With a teenager and a pre-teen, that means driving the kids (and other kids) all over the place.  We both share in the carpool and driving tasks.  We are a family and I hope that is what our kids see in us.

We also have device free meals.  Dinner time is a time for all of us to come together and talk and hear our stories from the day.  In order for the family to run smoothly, we all need to communicate.

I did enjoy the Classy Career Girl's blog post, but I also think the whole family benefits from a family that communicates and eats together.


No comments: