Friday, April 24, 2020

All About Challah

One of the advantages of working from home, is that on Friday's I can make a fresh challah for my family for Shabbat.

I use this recipe for my bread machine from Betty Crocker.  My Smart Air Fryer is also a bread proofer, so I use that machine to proof my dough after I braid it.  My family loves this challah.

If you don't have a bread machine, here are some other recipes:

Temple Emanuel Challah Bake Recipe

King Arthur Challah Recipe

King Arthur Flour No Knead Challah Recipe

Smitten Kitchen Challah

Barefoot Contessa Challah

If you have a bread machine but don't want to braid it and just want the taste, this recipe is for you.

Here is an article that helps with challah from Hadassah Magazine.

Interesting article from the New York Times.

How to braid a six strand challah video

And then there is the Babchallah recipe which is amazing.

I am hoping for this cookbook for Mother's Day from Adam.

No comments: