Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Old Kitchen

So the first day of construction (prep) was yesterday.  It was NOT smooth.  But I don't want to talk about that  . . . . today.  I want to talk about the ol' blue kitchen.  I hated it.  When we bought the house, in 1998, it was okay.  Nothing terrific.  The flow was bad.  But the kitchen treated us well.  Adam and I enjoyed many homemade meals from the kitchen.  I remember when Mark was born . . . . and how he was in the basket, and then the bouncy seat, watching us eat at the kitchen table.  I remember feeding him rice cereal for the first time in the kitchen. 

I also remember when Naomi was born . . . and was in the same basket and bouncy seat. . . . and high chair.  When we had the high chair, things were REALLY crowded in the kitchen.  With the four of us, it is still crowded, since it is small.

When I came home from work last night, the kitchen was boarded up.  No more entry for any of us.  A wall separates us . . . . and it is very strange coming home, and not walking into the kitchen.  It was my central control area - food prep, phone messages, homework, meal time, calendar and many other things.  And now we are spread out.  The living room and dining room all have more "stuff."

I look forward to 15 weeks and 4 days when I can step inside my brand new kitchen.

No comments: