Monday, August 6, 2012

Support our local business!


Shout out to The Green Planet in Newton Highlands, MA.  This is a great locally owned toy store.  Annabell, the owner is wonderful, happy, helpful and cheery.  The place is stocked with great toys in a variety of different price ranges.  She has set up a huge kids art section on the second floor.  Every so often, she has a GREAT sale, and this is where I stock up. 

My favorite part is going into the store and asking her for suggestions . . . . I need a gift for a 10 year old boy who is not into sports – have you tried a PERPLEXUS?  I need a gift for a four year old boy who loves pirates – how about this pirate thing?  I need a gift for a 6 year old girl who loves art. . . .

Please go and visit the GREEN PLANET.  Since BAKERS BEST closed businesses in the whole area have suffered.  I love that Annabel can suggest great gifts, has great toys that you can’t buy at Target or Toys R us.  She offers arts and crafts projects during the year.  I would hate for this store to go out of business.  She is a wonderful store owner, and we need to make sure we support local businesses.

No comments: