Monday, February 11, 2013

Lemon Scones

A few years back, I blogged about the delicious lemon scones from Panini's.  I never published the recipe!

Lemon Scones


4 cup flour
2 T sugar
1.5 t baking powder
.5 t. kosher salt
1 T grated lemon zest
1/4 lb unsalted butter, cut into slices
1 1/4 c buttermilk (I use milk with a bit of lemon juice)



Pam up two cookie sheets.

Preheat oven to 350

Place flour, sugar, baking powder and kosher salt in food processor with steel blade. Pulse to combine.

Add zest and butter and pulse until mixture resembles cornmeal.

Gradually add buttermilk and pulse until incorporated.

Place lumps onto sheets.

Put in over 35 min. (In my oven, I switch the pans halfway through not only top and bottom, but turn them 180 degrees also)

Set aside to cool.



Icing

1/4 lemon juice and about 2 c powdered sugar. Put juice in bowl and add powdered sugar until icing forms.



When scones are cool drizzle icing on top.

No comments: