Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Good Bye Marblehead

Today is the day that my parents are selling my childhood home.  Sure, many parents have downsized and sold the family home, but this time it is my parents.  I moved into that home when I was 18 months old, and moved out when I got married/finished graduate school.

Many of the neighbors have sold, and the buyers are people with young kids.  It is a great neighborhood.

It is a great neighborhood to learn to ride your bike - not too busy and flat sidewalks and roads.

It is a great neighborhood to sell girl scout cookies - although by top buyers have long moved out.  I remember arranging my sales so I would start out at the "Cookie Monster's House" since they always bought cookies (and gave me cookies while I waited) and then I always finished at the Katz's house, since they had an endless supply of Pepperidge Farm Gingerbread Men cookies, which of course I needed to eat, since I had just walked the whole neighborhood! 

It was a great neighborhood full of kids my own age, and growing up we went to school together and we played outside together.  If you were home, you were outside!

Not close enough to any elementary school to walk to school, but plenty of families to carpool with!

My pink bedroom with the green rug (my color choices) will be sold to someone else.  The house where Thanksgiving, Passover, Rosh Hashana, will belong to another family as of this afternoon. 

I hope the new owners have years of joy in the house!

No comments: