Thursday, November 6, 2014

Exercise

I have many passions. . . . I love being a wife and a mom.  I love baking and I like cooking.  I like having people over for dinner and I like eating at new places.  I really, really hate to exercise.  But, sitting is the new smoking.  Try as I might, I can't find time daily to exercise.  And I have all the "reasons."

Exercise before work - I get up at 5:25 AM every weekday.  Every single weekday.  I hop into the shower, and I do my make up and get dressed.  I then go downstairs, and make a lunch for my daughter, a snack for my daughter, a lunch for my son, a lunch for my husband and a lunch for myself.  The breakfast table is already set.  I put away the dry dishes from the dish drain . . . .Adam makes the coffee and we empty the dishwasher.  The kids get the newspaper.  I leave the house at 7 AM every day.

Exercise after work - I make dinner nightly, and I like to spend time with my kids!  I oversee shower time, and there is laundry and the dreaded homework time.  My daughter goes to bed at 8 PM, and I guess I could get on the treadmill then, but I am super tired.

Walk at lunch - I am hoping to do that a few times each week.  It provides a great break and lets me breathe some great fresh Waltham, MA air.

But as I type, I am walking on my office's treadmill desk.  Yes, it is a treadmill that has a desk.  Sure, I can't walk super fast.  But at least I am walking!  I am going to try to do this first thing each day.  Doesn't even matter if it rains.  Plus, I can check my email and get some work done.  Stay tuned to find out how successful I am!

No comments: