Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Pasta Dish

 It is rare that I do daily posts, but a recent Facebook follower asked for this recipe. I have to tell you that I love this recipe. It is relatively easy and uses one pot and is DELICIOUS. It is truly tasty. One of my teenagers likes it and the other really doesn't like it. I get it. Can't make everyone happy.


One Pan Orecchiette Puttanesca


5 T Olive Oil

6 garlic cloves, minced

1 15 oz can of chickpeas; rinsed; and dried (doesn't need to be super dry, but I let them sit in the colander while I gather all the ingredients together)

2 t paprika (I use this one from the Spice Store)

2 t ground cumin (I use this one from the Spice Store)

2 t tomato paste (I use this one)

salt

2 cups parsley, roughly chopped

2 t lemon zest

3 T baby capers

3/4 green olives pitted; roughly chopped

9 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, washed and dried

2 t sugar

1 1/2 t caraway seeds

9 oz orecchiette (or shells)

2 cups vegetable stock

3/4 cup plus 2 T water

pepper

In a large skillet (make sure you have a cover for this skillet), combine 3 T olive oil, garlic, chick peas, paprika, cumin, tomato paste and 1/2 t salt and cook over medium heat for 12 minutes. Keep stirring. Don't let it burn. Remove 1/3 of the chickpeas.

In a small bowl combine the parsley, lemon zest, capers and olives. Add 2/3 of the parsley dish to the skillet along with the tomatoes, sugar and caraway seeds and cook for 2 minutes and stir often. Then add the pasta, stock, water, 1/2 t salt and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 12 minutes.

Then stir in remaining parsley into the pan, along with 2 T olive oi and the remaining chickpeas. Grind some pepper on top. Serve.


NOTE:

I don't use store spices unless I am stuck. I plan ahead and order my spices from The Spice House. If you ever get to go post pandemic it is an amazing family owned store. Here is a bit more history about them. The Double Vanilla is AMAZING.




No comments: