Friday, January 15, 2010

The wild, wild west of the suburbs

You may recall that last spring, we had a mommy turkey lay some eggs in our yard. Well, now I am letting you all know that an injured cayote has taken up in our neighboorhood. Luckily, I haven't seen it personally, and I would like to keep it that way.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/video/22243980/index.html

Basically the neighborhood has been told by police that we have to live with it. Nice of them to say that! Our children and pets are now inside . . . The police say the animal is too large to snare, and they won't shoot it in a residential neighborhood. So, live with it. It roams our street, my backyard and the elementary school, middle school and high school bus stops. Sooo, I want to know what you all would do if this animal was in your neighborhood, injured, and out during the day.

No comments: