Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mark and Adam . . . a conversation

Mark: Daddy, is the tooth fairy real, or is it just your parents?

Me: What makes you think it's just your parents?

Mark: Well, Santa Claus is just your parents. Plus, you usually get what you tell your parents about, like, if I say I want a dollar, the tooth fairy usually gives me a dollar. Like when kids ask for Christmas presents.

Me: Well, since you seem to have it figured out, do you want to know the truth?

Mark: (pushes the button on his "dreidel") This is how they have to spin a dreidel in space.

Me: I wonder why. I would think you could impart enough force on it by hand.

Mark: No, they have to do it this way...
(conversation about dreidel-in-space physics continues, tooth fairy conversation left at cliffhanger)

No comments: