Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Another New Recipe - Pasta with Spiced Butter Sauce


I checked out a new cookbook, called PLENTY, from the library.  So far, I have made two great meals, including this pasta with spiced butter sauce.  Originally the recipe calls for homemade pasta, but I used premade pasta.  The original recipe serves 4, but I got 6 servings out of the recipe.  I also made a few more changes

One pound of pasta

Spiced butter
2 sticks of butter
4 tbsp. olive oil
4 whole shallots, finely chopped
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. salt
black pepper


½ c pine nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
4 tbsp. roughly chopped cilantro

 

Cook pasta according to box, and drain.

 
In a large fry pan, melt butter and oil.  Add shallots and cook for 10 minutes.  Add the rest of the spices and remove from heat.  Put the drained pasta in a serving bowl.  Add butter sauce, and then add pine nuts and cilantro.  Serve.  I served with a salad, and a side of honey glazed carrots.

No comments: