Thursday, October 1, 2015

New Recipe

Sometimes I see a new cookbook at the library, and I check it out.  This time I checked out The Community Table - Recipes and Stories from the JCC in Manhattan and Beyond.  The first recipe I made was really good!  My husband and I really liked it.

Pappardelle with Ragu (originally made with lamb but mine is vegetarian)

2 T olive oil
2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
One package of vegetable grillers (vegetarian ground "meat")
2 t ground coriander
1 t rosemary
1 t thyme
1/2 t ground cumin
salt and pepper
2 T tomato paste
1/2 c red wine
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
1 1/4 c vegetable stock
one pound of pappardelle pasta

In large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.  Add the carrots, onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes.

Turn up heat and add "meat" along with the coriander, fennel seeds, rosemary, thyme, cumin and salt and pepper.  Cook for 4 minutes.  Add tomato paste and red wine ad simmer for 25 minutes.

Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes.  Drain.

Put pasta in the "meat" pot and stir, then serve.

No comments: