Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Amazing Brownies

I made brownies over the weekend, and I did not bring one to work on Monday.  All I wanted in the afternoon was one of those amazing brownies.  VERY FUDGY brownies.  I can't remember the cookbook's name, but it is from the Culinary Institute of America.

Today I brought a brownie for myself for an afternoon snack.

1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 large eggs
1 1/3 c sugar
2 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
1/4 c cake flour

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly spray a 9 inch (or 8 inch) square pan with cooking spray.

Melt butter and chocolate in double boiler.  In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt on high for 4-5 minutes.  Scraping every once in a while.  Should be thick and light.

While stirring, pour some of the egg into the melted chocolate.  Then pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and blend on medium.  Mix in flour on low til just blended.  Pour into pan and spread.  Bake for 30-40 minutes.  It will be done when a toothpick is inserted into the center of the brownies and comes out with a few crumbs.

Cool on a wire rack before cutting.

It says makes nine brownies, but I got 16!

No comments: