Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mark's first slumber party

Somehow I forgot to tell you all about Mark's first slumber party. His friend, J, was turning 9, and he wanted to have a slumber party, just like his big brother. I dropped off Mr. Mark at the party at 4 PM. Birthday boy was waiting eagerly outside his out. Brought up the gear (sleeping bag, pillow and backpack containing PJ's, underwear, two pairs of shorts and shirts, toothbrush, toothpaste). Mark was wearing his bathing suit. Once the party members were all there, they did water balloon fights, etc. Then pizza for dinner, and Cabots Ice Cream Cake for dessert. Then movie night. The boys fell asleep between 9:30 PM and 10 PM.

The boys were awake by 6 AM the next morning, and the hostess made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast! I was called to pick up Mark . . . and when I arrived he was there with all his stuff, except his sandals. Long story short, another child wore home Mark's sandals, and had his own in his bag. Sooo at 8:00 AM on a Sunday morning, I had to drive with Mark to another family's house and get the sandals back.

Mark had an a super time at his sleepover. And would do it again.

Naomi during the time, was brought to Johnny's for dinner, where she had her favorite dish there - mac and cheese. We then went to JP Licks. . . . and as she was eating her ice cream announced loud enough for others to hear "Cabots has the best ice cream."

I pointed out that we were at JP Licks, and she said "I know. Cabots has the best ice cream."

Point taken . . . . I love both ice cream places (heck, I like every ice cream I eat), but the girl likes her Cabots.

No comments: