Monday, October 8, 2012

No Recipe Posts - Just a book review

Last week I had gum surgery.  I won't get into the details, other than, I had no idea that the recovery from this would STINK.  Eating is hard work.  It is hard to control the food to make sure it doesn't go on the right side of my mouth.  I am done with yogurt, soup, ENSURE, BOOST and other soft foods.  In fact, even water sometimes hurts.

This post involves NO recipes.

Instead, I am going to let you all know that I finished the book Rav Hisda's Daughter by Maggie Anton.  I have read many of her books, and have enjoyed each one.  This one I enjoyed just as much, even though I bought it on my KINDLE.

The female lead, Dada, is a great female lead.  She is living life in post Temple destruction.  It is a male dominated world.  Females have little say about their future.  This book captured my attention!

Next on the TO READ list is GONE GIRL.  I just joined a book group, and am really excited to host my first group in November.  I gotta start reading the book.

No comments: