Tuesday, July 23, 2013

He is BACK

We picked up Mr. Mark on Sunday from overnight camp.  He came home tired, dirty and loving camp.  The first question out of his mouth was "Can I go for the whole summer next year?"

As much as I love my kid, and I want to do right by him, I still missed him - alot.  He is entering the pre-teen stage, and we have our moments, but I love him, and I missed him.  Three and a half weeks flew by for both of us.  I know that he is safe and happy at camp.  I know that he is learning more independence at camp.  I also know that I promised he could go for the WHOLE summer in 2014.  Now, I just have to figure out how to make it work for me.

Little sister will LOVE being an only child - again.  She loved having the world revolve around her, and we did GIRL things and we did family things (trip to the MFA), and she decided on which exhibits. 

It is great to have my boy home again.  He is attending day camp for the rest of the summer, but he is already planning summer of 2014 in his head.  He can't wait.  Camp truly is a special place!

No comments: