Monday, April 4, 2022

Cauliflower Shawarma

 Some days, I see a recipe, and think it is super creative. I tried this recipe from Israeli Soul, which I really like. Basically you BRINE a whole head of cauliflower, which I had never done before in my life.

I cut mine up into pieces, and provided pita bread to make a sandwich.

Ingredients:


2 quarts of water

2 cups kosher salt

2 Tablespoons Shawarma Spices

1 large head of cauliflower

4 T Canola oil


Mix together the water, salt and 1 T of spice. Blend in a large pot. Warm over medium heat whisking the whole time until the salt is dissolved. Turn off the heat, put in the cauliflower and let it brine for 2 hours at room temp.

Preheat oven to 450. Add 2 T of canola il to the spices and stir into a paste. Remove cauliflower from liquid and shake it off. Rub the paste over the head of cauliflower but leave a small spoonful for later. Put the cauliflower onto a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.

Remove from oven and let it cool. Cut it into small pieces (florets) and transfer to a large bowl and add 1 T canola oil and spice rub. Sear in hot cast iron skillet for 3 minutes.

Serve with pita.

I also had Israeli Salad and hummus. And a side of air fried Brussel sprouts.





No comments: