Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reading

Oh, I love to read. In fact, I have too many books to read and not enough time. For instance, I started to read Julia Child's memoir of her time in France. I am loving the book. But, I also checked out a book from the library, The Zookeeper's Wife, which now has a deadline. (I do have to return it.) I also have an Amy Tan book on the coffee table, along with Drinking Problems at the Fountain of Youth. I just finished Ted Kennedy's autobiography.

Now, I can read while the kids are playing, and doing things. But I used to be able to read til all hours of the night, and be able to function the next day. I have lost that ability. I have to go to bed at a reasonable hour, or I suffer the next morning, the next day and certainly the next evening.

What are you reading? Would you recommend it? Why or Why not?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Jeff just finished it and said it was good (if you like Dan Brown novels). I'd be happy to lend it to you after I'm done with it.

I'm bemoaning the lack of knitting time with a new baby. I used to knit at least a few times a week, and find that between taking care of 2 kids and trying to keep the house somewhat clean, I can't find the time to pick up my needles :(