Sunday, November 22, 2009

Winter Can Come

So, winter can officially come. I went to Target today and bought a Toro Electric Snowthrower. We have owned a house since 1998, and this is our first year with something other than our backs and a shovel. Now, I have to tell you, we have great neighbors. My neighbor, John, has traditionally helped us out, by snowblowing us out during BIG storms. Especially the chunks at the bottom of the driveway that the city plow leaves for us. He also has been kind enough to widen our sidewalk after we go inside. Of course, his payment is baked goods. I have made him chocolate chip cookies, or challah, or cake or multiple things at once. He tells me he doesn't mind snowblowing. I tell him that I would bake 7 days a week, and I hate shoveling. Good deal for both of us!

One year it got out to the other neighbors that I pay for snow blowing in baked goods.

Another reason why we don't have a snow blower is that we don't have a garage. No garage. We can't put a gas powered snow blower in our basement, so thus no snowblower.

We are prepared this year. I really don't like snow.

No comments: