Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mark - I remember


Mark is about to finish second grade. I can't believe that. I remember so much about his past life, and how fast he is growing up.

I remember, how he was born three weeks before his due date.

I remember, that he slept through the night for the first time, on his two month old birthday, at my parent's house, while Adam and I slept at home for the whole night in two months.

I remember, his first airplane ride, at three months to FL, to visit his great grandparents.

I remember, his flapping.

I remember, how he learned how to read - he taught himself, by smooshing the letters together.

I remember, how excited he was when we got the mini van.

I remember, how much he ate in Denver when he was 18 months old - his favorites being white bean pate with truffles. On that same trip, I remember how after he ate a HUGE helping of black beans he slept in my inlaws room . . . . and he slept as he passed gas, all night long.

I remember his first day of daycare (and his last day).

I remember his first day at Angier.

I remember when he got ear tubes.

I remember, how they did NOT fall out, and he had to have them removed surgically.

I remember how he asked when he saw Naomi for the first time (all wired up) "Cool my sister has batteries. . . . will we go to CVS for new batteries?"

I remember how he told his friend this year, how he was in my womb, and came out (and how) and then proceeded to explain a C-Section is a special door.

I also remember how he asked recently, "I know how babies come out of the womb, but how do they get inside?"

No comments: