Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Over Night Camp Prep

So, my oldest is going to overnight camp for three weeks this summer.  I never went to overnight camp.  I don't feel like I missed anything; however I know lots of people who LOVED LOVED LOVED their overnight camp experience, and I hope M loves his.

So, now that I am the mom, I am in charge of gathering the items needed.  I just assumed I would throw in some shorts, t-shirts, bathing suits and flip flops in a "bag" and be done.  Needless to say, I was clueless. 

Luckily this camp has a short required list. .  . three camp shirts and two pairs of camp shorts.  Reasonably priced.  Not bad.  Then the list of stuff, and the quantities. . . . . shorts, shirts, flip flops.  And then the flash light (oh - he needs one), and a shower caddy (oh yeah that too).  And shampoo, and toothbrushes, and tooth paste, and PJ's. . . . and a stadium seat without metal arms (huh?).  And three small plastic containers to store "small items." 

And stationary, and pre-addressed, pre-stamped envelopes.

And some baseball caps

and some swim goggles

and a laundry bag;

and a pillow, sheets and camp comforter.

None of these things are impossible.  But, now I am busy gathering them (and a bag or two), and then I will start labeling, in both sharpie marker and regular label.  With the hope that lost items will find their way back to Mr. M BEFORE we leave camp on pick up day.

Wish me luck folks.

No comments: