Monday, March 23, 2015

An office favorite

Sometimes, I just want to bake, but I don't want to eat it all.  The other day I made two batches of Ruth Wakefield's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.  I made some for my contractor, Ryan, of New England Design and Construction, and while I was at it, I made some for my co-workers and some for my husband's co-workers.  I had people asking me for the recipe.  Luckily it is very easy.

2 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
5 1/4 oz unsalted butter,  (1 1/3 sticks)
3 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
2 1/2 t baking powder
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan with tinfoil, and spray with PAM.

In large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.

In a large pot, melt the butter and then stir in the brown sugar.  Once smooth, allow to cool for five minutes.  Add the eggs one at a time, and stir.  Add vanilla and stir.  Then stir in flour, and then stir in chocolate chips.

Spread the batter into the pan.  Bake the bars for 24-27 minutes, until the top is shiny and golden.  DO NOT OVER BAKE!  Remove bars from oven and let cool to room temperature before cutting.

No comments: