Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

The weekend was great!  No big parties, no big plans.

On Friday night we went to Shabbat Alive at our synagogue, and while we were there a candidate for the open rabbi position was there to meet with our teenagers.  Mark wanted to go, but I hadn't know about it or signed him up.  I told him to ask the rabbi, and Rabbi Robinson was thrilled that he wanted to attend and that he should go up to the youth lounge.  Mark's friend also joined the group.  After an hour long dinner, Mark came home and he said that he had liked him.  Our synagogue is looking to hire a third rabbi, whose primary job would be to engage teenagers of the community, but also to perform life cycle events for the members.

On Saturday night, I started to watch Food, Inc. and I have some new ideas, but I will wait til June for implementation.

On Sunday, Mark, Adam and I met with Rabbi Robinson to jump start his Bar Mitzvah speech (called a dvar torah, when the guest of honor talks about how the weekly chapter has ties to modern times and himself).  I won't give anything away, but Mark has some great ideas and a good start.  Next up - type up an outline.

On Sunday afternoon and evening both of our kids went snow tubing with the temple youth group, which meant we could have date night.  We started to watch the movie Chef, and then we headed to COOK in Newton for dinner.

We had a good weekend, and it always nice to have a date night with my guy.

No comments: