Thursday, April 2, 2015

Seder Time is Almost Here

I am hosting 11 for the first night of Passover.  The menu has been designed.

We are having:

Date Charoset (recipe from my mother in law, Leslie)
Traditional Charoset (the traditional Hebrew School recipe)
Vegetarian Chopped Liver (from the New York Times Passover Cookbook) - first time trying it!
Knishes from the Butcherie - meat and vegetarian
Gefilte fish and horseradish - store bought
Chicken Soup with Matzah Balls (Mady's recipe from the Temple Emanuel Cookbook!)
Carrot Consume (from the New York Times Passover Cookbook)
Mushroom Lasagne - Eric's secret recipe
Chicken with BBQ Sauce - Carol's secret recipe
Fingerling potatoes
Tzimmes - mom's recipe
Cauliflower - from Kosher by Design for Passover

And then

Fruit

and

Dessert, including FLAN!

And my table. . . . . white table cloth, grandma's crystal, grandma's silver, grandma's China and our Seder plate from when we got married.  And the matzo holders that Naomi and I made last year.  The kiddush cup from Adam's grandfather.  All these objects are on the table, and remind us of the past, and then I hear my kids reading from the Hagaddah, and I know another generation will have memories from the Seder table.

Even though my grandparent's are long gone, their love is still here.

No comments: