Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Carrot Recipe

My family LOVES carrots.  I buy at least five pounds of baby carrots a week.  Usually I just steam carrots and pour a touch of honey on top.

This recipe is one that I love!

Pomegranate Molasses-Glazed Carrots
Serves 6-8 people

2 pounds of baby carrots
2 T olive oil
kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
1 T honey
1 T pomegranate molasses

Preheat oven to 425.

Combine carrots and oil in a large heatproof bowl.  Season with salt and pepper.  Toss.  Transfer to a rimmed baking pan (I use non stick tin foil), and spread the carrots on the pan in a single layer.

Roast for 15-20 minutes.  Stirring occasionally.

In the bowl, pour the honey and pomegranate molasses and stir.  When carrots are finished roasting, put them in the bowl and stir very well.  Spread the coated carrots back on the tin foil and scrape out the glaze and put on the carrots.

Roast for 5-8 minutes longer.

Serve.

No comments: