Sunday, January 12, 2020

Delicious Vegetarian Chili Recipe

My husband, Adam, LOVES this chili that I found in magazine in 2011, however I have made my own special modifications.  I serve this with a fresh green salad, freshly made cornbread and a side of rice.  I use a Zojirushi rice cooker.

Serves 6 people.

2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 package of Morningstar Grillers
1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Chili 9000
1 teaspoon ground cumin (from The Spice House)
1 15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 15 oz can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes (with the liquid)
salt and pepper

Serve with a side of shredded pepper jack cheese and a bag or corn chips.

In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.  Add the grillers and cook for 5 minutes.  Add onion, garlic, chili and cumin and cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes.  Add the beans and the tomatoes and bring to a simmer.

Cook for 15 minutes.

Season with salt and pepper.

Serve.

No comments: