Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day - The Dinner

So, Adam and I continue to celebrate Valentine's Day. Some years, we get a sitter for the night on a weekend before V-Day. This year it fell on a Sunday night during vacation week, so my parents offered to take the kids! YEAH!

We went to Temple Bar on Mass Ave in Cambridge, which is between Harvard Square and Porter Square. We loved it! First off, they are vegetarian friendly. They have FREE parking. And the food is amazing.

For the first course, I had an AMAZING baked clam. I nearly licked the shell clean. It was delicious. Adam had a pear and cheese Tartan with micro salad, which was also fabulous.

For the main course, I had AMAZING scallops. They were cooked to perfection. I thought they were the best!!!! I have had alot of scallops in my time, and these were fabulous!!!! Adam had homemade herb gnocci which were great. (IMHO, not as good as the scallops, but he doesn't do seafood.)

For dessert we shared an order of French crepes with espresso mousse and fresh berries, which were great, and an order of the homemade chocolates, edible flowers and homemade marshmallows. We were so stuffed we had to take some of the chocolates home. It was an amazing meal, and I highly recommend Temple Bar.

Here is the website:

http://www.templebarcambridge.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great time... Good to know where to get scallops done right- I've had many a mediocre scallop! Hopefully we can do a double-date there sometime.