Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Little Things That I Miss

I miss having my silverware in neat stacks . . . all the little spoons in one slot, all of the knives in another slot.  Right now all of the silverware is thrown into a plastic box.

I miss having an oven . . . my kids miss eating roasted chicken.  Nice to know that I make a few things besides cookies that they miss.

I miss having the kitchen in the same room where I cook.

I miss having a disposal.

I miss having the ugly kitchen, since I have no kitchen right now.  Instead I cook on what was my kitchen table.  If I thought that my ugly kitchen was small, who knew what it was like to cook in the dining room.

I miss my gas stove.  I don't like cooking from a microwave and skillet.

I miss having the ability to cook a vegetarian meal for Adam while cooking chicken for me and the kids.

I miss having Naomi's room and the kitchen.  There are WAY too many boxes around the house. 

I miss having my order.

I miss having a food pantry. . . right now my food is on my bookshelf.  The cookbooks that used to be on the shelf are packed away.

I miss having a bathroom on the first floor.  I have to run upstairs or downstairs. 

I miss the no dust zone.

I miss the cleaners.  (It is too hard to schedule them to come while the workers are here.)

I miss entertaining.  Can't have people over, unless they want to eat take out pizza.

I miss having playdates for the kids.  I think they miss it too!


No comments: