Sunday, March 4, 2012

Passover Planning

Growing up, I was used to using up the flour on the hamentashen, before Pesach.  After all, you don't want flour in the house for Pesach.

This year, Pesach is going to be a little bit different.  Without a real kitchen, I will be hobbling it together.   Like breakfast. . . . . breakfast is bad enough during Passover.  During the rest of the year we have 12 different types of cereal, and the kids pick the cereal.  Glass of water.  Done.  Breakfast gets you out of the house, with a full stomach and an easy clean up for two working parents.

Passover with a kitchen means, some of us have fried matzah, others have scrambled eggs, and others have cream cheese on matzah.  On some mornings I make kosher for Passover pancakes.  And then there is the massive kosher for Passover breakfast clean up (thank you Adam). 

This year we have a toaster (which can create melted Swiss cheese on matzah), Crispio-s for the kids, and one skillet for either kosher for Passover pancakes or scrambled eggs.  And we will still have a massive clean up (thank you Adam).

I haven't even thought about dinners.  Okay, I thought about the kosher for Passover blintzes that are in the frozen aisle at the store for one night.  We will have the seders out of the house.  Three nights done.  Five to go.  I attended a class on how to make kosher for Passover lasagna (meat or parve).  Again, I will oven crash for that.  And that will get us TWO dinners.  Three more dinners to go. 

Ideas?  Please let me know.

No comments: