Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cookbooks

I love cookbooks.  I have quite a collection.  Some of my favorites are:

The Temple Emanuel Sisterhood Cookbook - as you might recall, Esther Muhlfelder and I co-chaired this book.  There are many tasty recipes in the book.  All tested.  My favorites are the Chocolate Mousse Cake and the Hamentashen recipe.

The Flour Cookbook - by Joanne Chang of Flour Bakery.  I love her cookbook and look forward to her savory one in 2013.  My favorite recipes from Flour are the Oreo Cookies, The Sticky Buns, The Banana Bread and the Brownies.

The Pie and Pastry Bible - This book changed my life.  I love pies, and had been having a hard time making pie crusts.  Rose Levy Beranbaum explained how to do it in the book, complete with the scientific reasons.  Now I don't skip the resting of the dough, because I know it is important to the finished product.

The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook - this cookbook is new this year, and I have only made a few of the recipes.  I have used her blog and I love it.  She is an amazing photographer and home cook.  Her blog recipes include a salted chocolate brownie recipe that I love.

My Binder - I have a three ring binder full of tested recipes that I love.  It is not published and one of a kind.  My favorite recipes are the lemon scones, Carol's BBQ chicken, vegetarian chili 9000, my mother in law's chicken soup and chocolate chip Mandelbrot.  This binder gets additions every year.  I would be lost without this cookbook.

No comments: