Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Call

The call that every mom dreads. . . . "HI, this is the school nurse. . . . your child X is in my office."

Yup, I was the recipient of that call yesterday.  Yup, the ten year old was not feeling well.  And there were THREE other kids from his class OUT sick.  Yup, time to get the kid.  Luckily my husband was able to get him and work from home from the rest of the day.

And then . . . . . this morning I thought I had it all set.  Bring the ten year old to my parent's house, and the other one can go to school.  I am half way to my parent's house (which is an hour away), when my husband calls me on my cell. . . . ."Um, the six year old just threw up."

WONDERFUL!

Just what I needed.

So the poor guy worked from home, again.  Luckily the six year old is feeling MUCH better and can't wait to get back to school.  The ten year old - well the jury is still out on what tomorrow will bring.  He has a cough (not a bad one, but one that an adult would power through).  He has the sniffles.  Again, nothing too bad.

But tonight was the synagogue's Hanukkah party. . . . and the six year old is part of the children's choir.  I was so proud of myself for not only remembering to put her choir shirt in my work bag today, but I also managed to remember to bring the camera!  I was ready for the performance.  So, Little Miss Prepared was overly prepared.  But what I did not have for tonight was dinner!  We were supposed to be eating potato latkes and applesauce with friends.  Instead, the little one and I had pancakes.  Daddy had soup, and the ten year old feasted on latkes at Grandma and Papa's.

So, hopefully tomorrow goes better.


No comments: