Friday, August 22, 2014

A night out and my voice

Last night I attended an informal get together at a friend's house, and it was great to have a night out, and just talk with friends (new and old).  I loved how it was a small enough group, that we could each grab a glass of wine, punch or water, and just talk around the coffee table. 

What I found interesting, was that there were a few bloggers around the table, and they talked about their own blog, and the category it fell under, which most was "lifestyle."  While I know I have a blog, last night I discovered within myself that it is not just a "recipe" blog, and while I don't have to aspire to be the SMITTEN KITCHEN blog, (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE), my blog is still my own creative work, and something to be proud of and not to say "it is just a simple blog."  It is my own work.  My blog is more than recipes, or updates about my kids.  Sometimes I go off on a topic that is important to me (women in the workforce treated and paid as equals) or how I get everything done (super organized).

But, my blog is written by me, and I have a voice!  And it is an important voice.

No comments: