Thursday, August 7, 2014

Parenting a 12 year old

So, my eldest child is at overnight camp, and will be coming home on Wednesday!  I can't wait to see him and hear about camp (after I ask all the questions, which he will answer quickly).  In yesterday's mail, he received a Bar Mitzvah invitation . . . . and it took all of my might NOT to rip it open and look at the invitation and put the date on the calendar.  Instead, I texted the mom to let her know that my son got the invitation, and since I was waiting for him to open it, would she let me know the date so that I can put it on the calendar. 

The next BIG thing I have to do is schedule meetings with invitations people. . . . . I get excited over food (the caterer) and the music (the DJ).  Somehow I need to get myself excited over the invitation.

But today, my husband and I are meeting with the caterer and we are going to start making the big decisions - sit down or buffet.  And what the adults will eat.  We will wait for our son to come home from camp to give us his opinion about the under 14's menu.

Stay tuned!

No comments: