Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Apples Picking


We went to our favorite spot this weekend - Nashoba Valley Winery. We picked lots of apples, and now I have to start cooking. I made one loaf of bread in the machine, and now have a second. The second will be brought into my office and Adam's office for sharing. This upcoming weekend I will be making apple pie and crisp.

We have been going to this orchard for years (since before we had kids). We love it there. Just the apples. No hayrides. No animals. Just trees. The sad part is that they have had to create new rules because people are not respectful. Such as apple picker poles are now for rent because people knocked down so many apples in order to get the perfect apple and limiting how many people can pick per bag (5). A few years back we went to Look Out Farm, and they charge going in (per person) and then weigh the bag on the way out. It felt like I paid more for those apples than I would in Whole Foods!

After apple picking we went to the winery and got two bottles of wine, and then we went to get each kid a cider donut. We had a good time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went to Belkin Lookout Farm with my parents and the kids 2 weeks ago & picked apples and asian pears. The bill on the way out was ASTRONOMICAL. The asian pears were the best I'd ever eaten & worth the money, but they charge far too much for apples. We'll have to check out Nashoba Valley next year...