Friday, October 9, 2009

Thursday Evenings

After a full day of work, I rush to the temple (Hebrew School) to pick up Mark and friends. I love driving the carpool, since I can hear all the chatter. It is cute. I drive all around Waban dropping off various children (Thank goodness for the mini van), while listening.

One thing that really annoys me is that Mark’s Hebrew School teacher keeps the class late my five minutes every Thursday. Not because they are disrespectful, but because she has one more quick thing to say. Normally, an extra five minutes doesn’t bother me. In this case it does, because (a) I have been out of the house since 7:30 AM, and am tired (b) I have carpool and the other children and (c) my family would like to eat.

Finally they get out!

While this is happening, Adam is either heating up leftovers for Naomi or making her a sandwich. When Mark and I get home, I do the same for him. He had a PB&F sandwich last night – not my best Julia Child moment. Last night Naomi was in the shower when we got home. After Mark’s dinner, he took a shower; and started his routine.

By the time this ends at 8:15 PM it is time for Adam and I to eat dinner. There are no viable leftovers, so I have chocolate ice cream with hot fudge sauce. Not the best dinner, but it did taste good.

Tonight is Shabbat. I have my challah ready to go. Now I just need a quick and easy main course. Any ideas?

No comments: