Saturday, October 3, 2009

Naomi and it is never a dull moment

So, yesterday at 11:22, I got a call from Naomi's school. The director. The director has 20+ years of experience, and said, Naomi was running in the yard, and fell and landed teeth first on a toy truck. She wanted me to come take a look.

Off I ran out of the office. Called the dentist, who said they could squeeze us in before lunch.

Picked her up, and determined the director was ABSOLUTELY correct and Naomi needed the dentist.

Finally got to the office, and he looked, and took Xrays. Naomi was a real trooper. The two teeth are NOT fractured. They are displaced. The dentist pushed them back into place, but they were still loose. He said they might need to be removed, but he was doing nothing today.

I was to give her sugar free popsicles, pudding, yogurt, etc. for the weekend.

She drooled alot and hardly spoke the rest of the day.

She watched The Little Mermaid.

Today, she woke up acting her normal self. She had oatmeal for breakfast. The tooth is still loose, and I am sure our dentist will be seeing her again this week.

Because I ran out of the office yesterday, I took Naomi to work after the dentist to clean up and get my stuff. My coworkers got to see first hand the drooly, bloody girl herself.

Hopefully the next few days have less excitement!

No comments: