Thursday, October 8, 2009

Jackets

My son takes after my husband in many ways. One of those ways is losing things. As it is explained to me, Adam was very good at this as a child. Mark every year, leaves his jacket on the bus on the LAST day of school. It feels as though the bus yard manger and I get to know each other very well.

Being a daycare parent, I was trained to label EVERYTHING! So, on the inside of every jacket Mark's first and last name is written in LARGE letters in SHARPIE, with his phone number.

On Tuesday, Mark again left his jacket on the bus. The bus driver remembers the jacket from last year (bright orange - for a reason), but no jacket. Yesterday we went to the school - plenty of interesting things in lost and found (one sock, underwear, typical lunch boxes, sweatshirts) and no orange jacket. We went to the playground, and there were LOTS of jackets, but not one of them Mark's.

Last year he lost THREE pairs of snowpants in one week.

I love my son.

But, he needs to superglue his belongings to his body.

1 comment:

Marc said...

Send as little as possible on the last day of school. Better they should be cold and wet for one day than risk something left behind.