Thursday, July 9, 2015

Things that have kept me busy

Just in case you were all thinking what a relaxing 3.5 weeks this would be . . . . . HA!  Reality check.  On July 3, I was driving the mini van, with my husband, brother, sister in law and niece in the car.  I was stopped at a red light, when we got rear ended. . . . . and then rear ended again!  It was quite a shocker.  No one was hurt, but we were all surprised.  The man that hit us, twice, was 90 years old and his foot slipped off the pedal (twice?).  So, I have been busy speaking with my insurance company (I love USAA), the appraiser and now the auto body shop.  Never a dull moment.

But, if that wasn't enough excitement . . . .  On Monday night, I went to use the bathroom before bed, and when I turned on the hot water, NOTHING came out of the faucet.  Tried the cold water, and it was fine.  Looked under the sink, and no leak.  Stumped.  Called Adam . . . . and he too was also stumped.

We decided to go down to the basement. . . . . and when we opened the door to the unfinished basement, there was a little puddle of water, just outside of the tray that holds the hot water heater.  The tray was full of water.  So, after watching a few online videos we turned off the water supply to the water heater, turned off the gas to the water heater and cleaned up.  We left a voicemail for our plumber . . . . please call as early as possible.

The next morning, I had an email and a replacement would be installed that day.  Amazing.  Federal Plumbing is the best.  Put me back in hot water!

No comments: