Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Kosher By Design - Lemon Bundt Cake - Parve

I am always on the search for a new baked good.  I am trying to figure out some new parve desserts that are nut free and chocolate free.  I found one recipe that my daughter really liked, and looks great.  My co-workers gobbled up the cake also.

CAKE
2 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1 T baking powder
3/4 c orange juice
3/4 c vegetable oil
2 t lemon extract
4 large eggs (I used egg beaters)

GLAZE
3/4 c powdered sugar
2 T lemon juice

Heat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray a bundt pan with Pam with Flour.

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder.  Add the orange juice, oil, lemon extract and eggs.  Beat for 3 minutes.  Pour into bundt pan.

Bake for 45-50 minutes (I needed 55 minutes), until a cake testor comes out clean. 

While the cake is baking make the glaze by mixing the sugar and juice in a bowl.

Remove the cake from the oven.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Invest onto baking rack over cookie sheet.  While the cake is cooling pour the glaze over the cake.

In my opinion the cake tasted fine, but I happen to like my butter based cake better.  BUT, sometimes you need a dairy free cake, and if you use a fancy pan, the cake looks great.

No comments: