Monday, January 27, 2014

Cookbooks

I really enjoy my cookbook collection.  I love pulling a cookbook off the shelf, and flipping through it.  Most of them have notes on the recipes that I have made. . . . YUM or DELICIOUS or DO NOT MAKE AGAIN or YUCK!  My collection started when I was a young child, and my neighbor gave me "The Cookie Book" by Eva Moore.  There are 12 cookie recipes, and it was given to me by my neighbors and they signed the book "To Stephanie and her Mommy, Happy Baking!  Love, The Gennacos."  Who knew that decades later, that I would not only still have the book, but love to bake.

One of the more recent purchases is "The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook" by Deb Perelman, which I really love.  The photographs in the book are amazing.  Her directions are very clear, and she likes the same foods that I do. . . . and at one point in her life, she was vegetarian.

When I got married, I received a few cookbooks, and one of them was the "Betty Crocker NEW Cookbook," which I really like also.  It is a three ring binder, and opens flat on the counter, which I appreciate.  I learned how to make baked stuffed potatoes from this cookbook, which all four of us like to eat.

Another cookbook that I received when we got married was "Spice and Spirit - the complete Kosher Jewish Cookbook."  I love reading the recipes, and the latke recipe is amazing!  This book was given to me by a friend who I have known since I was three, and we grew up together.  She got married first, so I had a feeling this cookbook is one she used many times!

Another great book is Bruce Weinstein's "The Ultimate Brownie Book" which I could read over and over again.  He also has an ice cream book.  Both books I highly recommend.

There is another set of cookbooks. . . . the ones I gave away . . . .  the ones that had recipes that no one liked to eat.  I would not say it was a bad book, but one that was not my taste.

Which cookbooks do you love???????

No comments: