Friday, September 5, 2014

Back to the Old Routine

Summer camp is over and so is summer vacation.  Had to get back into the swing of the school year.  The first change is that I have to make sure to have enough lunch supplies and snack supplies.  Once the school year starts, I have to make lunches for each of my kids, for myself and my husband, and my daughter needs a snack also.  Of course, I try to make them healthy and fun.  My son doesn't mind eating the same kind of sandwich every day - turkey sandwich.  Actually he is happy with his lunch of a turkey sandwich, carrots or cucumbers on the side, granola bar and a cookie and a drink for 180 days.  My daughter likes to have variety, and she isn't a big sandwich lover.

The other part of back to school is the schedule.  On Monday evenings my son has a trombone lesson, and twice a month on Mondays, my daughter has Brownies.  On Tuesdays, both have Hebrew School and on Wednesdays, my son has Bar Mitzvah lessons.  Thursdays is Hebrew School for my daughter, and Fridays are free, as of now.  Mom's taxi service is back in business.

Another part of back to school is the supplies and new clothes.  Both kids grew like weeds this summer, and once the fall clothes are in, I know I have to start thinking about boots, snow jackets, hats and gloves.  And of course the school supplies.  This year my son needs a three ring binder for each subject, and his back pack is exploding. Other things on the list - protractor and scientific calculator!

The last part of the back to school, is in September we have back to school nights for both schools, and then the rest of back to school.  The middle school events are in the calendar, the elementary school events are in the calendar.  The religious school events are in the calendar and so are the youth group events, the Bar Mitzvah's that are coming up and various other things.


No comments: