Thursday, September 18, 2014

Life as a Mom

I remember how I wanted to be a mom . . . . so badly.  And it seemed to take forever.  I dreamed of having cute little babies, that grew into curious toddlers and preschoolers and BOOM, now I have a pre-teen and an eight year old.  BOOM - just like that.  I also dreamed of having great snacks for my kids after school, and delicious dinners that everyone LOVED and reality has set in.

Let me give you my post work schedule for this week:

Monday - picked up both kids from different after school programs.  Got home at 5:30 PM and assisted pre-teen with organizing homework that needed to be completed, while throwing dinner and having pre-teen fed by 6:30 PM because trombone teacher was arriving for lesson.

Tuesday - left work early (but HIT TRAFFIC on I95) to pick up eight year old at after school, then picked up another boy and then picked up pre-teen to be driven to religious school for a 4 PM start.  Realized that boys had to be there by 4:10 PM due to field trip . . . . . called religious school that I was running late due to traffic and was told to be there by 4:10 PM.  GREAT.  It was 3:55 PM and I was 15 minutes away - NO PROBLEM.  Drove my usual way, only to find out there was a MAJOR accident, and main roads are closed and blocked.  Turned down side street and prayed that WAZE would find me a better way.  Pulled in front of temple at 4:11 PM, and bus was loaded but still there.

Rushed home and tried to log into work and locked myself out of the VPN - had to wait for IT to call me back.

The 6 PM pick up person was told bus was going to be late due to the same accident that I was caught in. 

I think I prepared a nice dinner that night too!

Wednesday - left work to pick up preteen and 8 year old (in two different locations), drive to 5:30 PM, then drive to 6:30 PM Bar Mitzvah lesson - drop off pre-teen; race home and throw in frozen pizza into hot oven.  At 7:15 PM, hubby walks in with son, and I walk out and drive back to synagogue for Sisterhood Event.

Thursday -  Today, I will be leaving work at my normal time, picking up eight year old kid and two other kids from religious school at 6 PM ish and dropping off at various homes, while hubby picks up pre-teen kid.  Throw dinner together and be out the door to Back to School night for daughter's school, which is no longer located in the neighborhood. 

Mom's taxi service is in full service this fall!

No comments: