Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Backwards Nights

Some nights are crazy busy - especially with a babysitter. I have found a solution to my problem. I don't like the baby sitter to shower each child. It is difficult and frankly I don't feel comfortable having strangers help my kids while in the shower. Mrs. Kaufman, a dear family friend, used to have backwards night at her house when I slept over.

What is backwards night? It is when you eat dessert first, and then dinner.

So I have created my own version. If I know a sitter is coming, I will shower both kids, and then give each of them a cookie, or a piece of candy, and then have dinner. By the time the kids are at the table, the sitter arrives.

Most nights we don't do dessert at all, so having a little dessert is fine with me. Plus, they know if they don't eat their dinner, backwards night won't return for a long time.

So, enjoy a backwards night once in a while! Even if you are taking the kids for the night, with no sitter involved.

No comments: