Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mark - Second grade

Last night we attended Mark's open house. He is now in second grade, and I can't believe I have a second grader. This year he will be learning independence - putting his folder in his backpack after his homework, etc. The teachers want him to develop a love of reading. What is interesting is that we were clearing out some books, and he wanted to keep "The Dot." Now this book is cute, and below the grade, but he loves it. The story is very cute - about a girl who thinks she can't draw, and she has a teacher than inspires her. Of course, we put the book back on the shelf. And now he wanted to read it this morning. I love to read, and I hope to inspire the love to read in both my kids.

This year Mark is going to learn about Ghana, China, Mexico, and butterflies, to name a few thigns. Very cool things.

No comments: