Monday, September 14, 2009

Health

Rosh Hashana is nearly here. Besides the usual cooking and cleaning, something else is on my mind. This summer, a classmate of Mark's father had a very serious health concern and was in a Boston hospital for weeks, in the brain ICU. A scary place. He has finally made it home.

Yesterday, I learned of another of Mark's classmate's father had a brain aneurysm in front of his wife and kids over the weekend. He is in a coma at the same Boston hospital in the same brain ICU. This father has permanent brain damage, and he is under 40.

This is of course, after my mom's scare in the hospital and after my in-law's friend lost her 5 month battle with bile duct cancer.

This year, I am going to pray for a year of HEALTH for family and friends. May we all be written in the book of life.

No comments: